Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wonder Pets! Wonder Pets! We're on our way...

to help a friend and save the day. We're not too big and we're not too tough, but when we work together we've got the right stuff. Go Wonder Pets! YAY!

The kids went trick or treating as the Wonder Pets for Halloween today. I spent last Saturday morning sewing A's Linny the guinea pig costume from some faux fur and was quite proud of how it came out. And this being Texas, one never knows what the weather will be for Halloween. Last year it was rainy and cool. This year, it was a steambath. When we took the kids out tonight, it had to be nearly 80 degrees with 80% humidity. Gross! Needless to say, he didn't wear it. I had imagined that it would be cool tonight, so I had purchased pajamas that would coordinate with the kids' costumes. So A's costume wound up being his camoflage pajamas as a stand in for the fur costume. For those who had no clue who the Wonder Pets are, A became "Camo Boy" and B was "Tuck the Ninja Turtle", S was just a cute duckling.

I'm proud of how their costumes came together; DH and I think they were darn cute. If only A had cooperated for pictures, so I could better show them off...

At least the costume search is finished for next year -- I've already got the Monsters Inc. costumes waiting for them!

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

I love your kiddos! I enjoy watching the wonderpets. The duckling is my favorite... grins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home