Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, January 02, 2006

When will it be Thursday?

This winter break thing is getting to me. B has been out of school since mid-December and I'm going to lose my mind. It's hard somedays just having two at home, but to have three, Oh. My. God. They really weren't that interested in watching the Rose Parade with me. Now I realize that parades aren't everyone's cup of tea, but this one was important to us. We had to watch for UT's band to march by. Once they were on the screen, the girls were elated. But just as quickly, it was over, and the madness resumed.

I don't know how many more days of "is it a school day?" I can take. How many more days can I listen to the girls fight over some dumb ass toy. How much longer I can stand to listen to them run toys around the house. Really, it's not so bad on the carpeting, but when the toys get on the tile floors, I am tempted to skewer my ear drums.

And to think tomorrow I have the pleasure of taking all three to our Homeowner's Association building so I can pay our 2006 dues. I cannot even begin to imagine what trouble they can get in for the very brief time I hope to have them out of their carseats. Ugh.

Can't we just fast forward to Thursday? Please?!

1 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Oooh. Have fun tomorrow with all three of them. Yuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home