Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Not so bad today

DH again let me sleep in, which was really nice, considering I had slept on the couch and only came to bed around 7am. He got the kids up, changed and fed. Yay DH! And then, to add to my wonderful day, he even agreed to eat lunch and get ready to leave while I got to run to the Community Association building by myself to pay our annual fees. Heaven, I tell you.

And I think I only had to adjust B's attitude once today. Not bad.

Tonight we ran out of milk, so I just ran to the store at 11pm. It was great because the place was empty. Sure some of the racks were empty as well, but it was all good. I had to laugh as I went down the baked goods aisle. They actually carry a brand of snack cakes from a company called "Bimbo" and one of their products is "Bimbolete". Hmmm, don't think I'll let the girls eat those for fear of them becoming bimbettes. Perhaps we'll just avoid the entire line of products. LOL!

I have to say, I think I did really well with DH's gifts this Christmas. I found him lounge pants with his college logo on them and matching long sleeve shirt, ornaments, notepad, and all sorts of other wonderful things with the logo on them. The best, perhaps, were the college clog-style slippers I got him from Solutions Catalog. He has them on nearly every single minute he's home unless his feet are hot. I rock! You can bet he'll be wearing all of his burnt orange and white tomorrow night for the Rose Bowl. I'm still annoyed that I tried for an hour on the evil tiketmaster to get tickets for the game, and I was online and logged into my account well before the tix went on sale, and I never even got any seats offered to me. Dammit! That would've been a total Christmas coup! Oh well. We wouldn't have had a babysitter anyway.

Hook 'em Horns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home