Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, May 29, 2006

End of month update

B's last day of school was last Wednesday. The school had a half day, and the bus driver let the kids sit where ever they wanted for the ride home. B was thrilled to be able to sit anywhere other than the front seat!

To celebrate the end of the year I took B to the movies. She had been begging to see "RV" for weeks so we saw that. It was OK, but really like a bad version of "Vacation".

Last Tuesday was the Kindy Celebration at school. There was an awards ceremony, slideshow, and musical performance. It reminded me of the Preschool Celebrations they had at the daycare the kids used to attend. However, this was sweeter with the personalized awards. Each child received an award, like "Awesome Artist", "Terrific Technologist", etc. B's award was the "Personality Plus" award; and boy, does that kid have personality plus! The slideshow was a compilation of pictures of the kids in the class taken since the beginning of the year. Clay's parents were sitting next to DH and me, and Clay's mom got choked up when the music started. The music accompanying the slideshow was Lonestar's "Let Them Be Little" (Richie McDonald/Billy Dean).

I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it,
no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon

So let them be
little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them
praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them
sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

I've never felt so
much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your
wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Every
night while we're on our knees all I ask is please

Let them be little
'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise,
give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in
the middle
Oh just let them be little

So innocent, a precious soul,
you turn around
It's time to let them go

So let them be little
'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise,
give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in
the middle
Oh just let them be little

Let them be little
Those of you who know me, know that I'm no fan of country music. The Eagles is about as country as I get. However, this song is so sweet and heartfelt, that I can't help but like it. And get choked up, of course. No great surprise to those who know me, and know that I can cry at a Hallmark commercial. LOL!

On Friday the 19th, I went to see first showing of The DaVinci Code at the local theater. I didn't have to be the first one in the theater, but I'm a cheapskate, and the first matinee is cheapest. I just recently read the book and was eager to see how it translated to film. I thought it was good and entertaining, but I thought that had I not just read the book that I would have been lost, missing some of the details. Of course, the book was way better IMO. I devoured the book in one weekend. I felt the same way I felt after seeing The Firm in the theater. It was OK, but a disappointment after the book. (And I finished The Firm in 24 hours while traveling through Europe.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home