Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Mother Nature wanted to ruin our Halloween by providing us with torrential rain. However, it stopped raining heavily by 6:30pm, so we got dressed and headed out to trick or treat. DH and DS stayed home to greet any trick or treaters that came to the door, while the girls and I headed out to trick or treat and meet the neighbors.

B wanted us to be The Incredibles, and she was wanted that for months. I was pleased because it was a pretty easy costume -- red shirt, black pants, black mask, "I" emblem. So Mr. Incredible and Jack Jack stayed home while Elastigirl, Violet and Dash ran through the neighborhood. We had a nice time and met some of the neighbors, including a boy in B's class. I am so thrilled to finally meet an actual classmate of hers.

I realized as the girls and I were headed home that I hadn't managed to get any pix of us in our costumes. After we got home, I took the camera and figured we'd get a picture on the front porch. Just then a group of kids came by, so we gave them candy. The Buzz Lightyear was so excited to see The Incredibles. His father asked if he could take our picture, so of course we said yes. Then I asked him to take our picture. He did, so now we have one with all 5 of us. Hooray!

The kids went to bed without too much hassle, which was surprising since the girls each had a lollipop during our travels. I've consumed way too much chocolate today, so I don't expect to sleep well at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home