Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fall update

Must clean house later today because FIL arrives this afternoon to spend a week with us.

Got laid off from my job after 4 weeks. It was a good thing since it was a mis-match for me.

DS is now standing up to pee instead of sitting on the toilet. And usually his aim is good. Phew! Unfortunately for me, he wakes up between 2 and 4 every night and needs my help to go potty. It is my job to turn on the light for him (even though the bathrooms have stools in them). *yawn*

Miss B got straight As on her report card. She's really doing great and is bored by the homework. In fact, she keeps wishing it was April so her homework would be harder! I think we're going to enroll her in the Gifted & Talented program at school.

Miss B and Miss S are doing well with their Irish dancing lessons. B has learned two dances and could compete in an upcoming feis (competition) if only she'd practice.

Due to the corporate shake up at my father's office, my parents won't be visiting after Christmas. However, they are going to join us on our vacation to San Diego this spring. They are going to watch the kids for us and visit our relatives out there. It should be a lot of fun for all of us. I can't wait!

My best friend visited us for a weekend in September, which was FABULOUS!! I miss her a lot, but had a blast while she was here.

Yesterday I discovered that webkinz will work on my laptop. For a long time, I couldn't get on the site, so this is great news. Woohoo! Now I can waste all day playing Goober's Lab. LOL!

The kids went as Sulley, Mike and Boo for Halloween this year. The following weekend Miss B and I discussed possible costumes for next year. We were working on Wizard of Oz, but after seeing two of the girls from B's dance school in Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes, I decided and B agreed that Cat in the Hat was better. She'll be the Cat, and S and A will be Thing 1 and Thing 2. If DH and I want to go along, we can be "Sally and I".

It's almost 2am, I'd better get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home