Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A few things making me happy right now

DH and I seem to be quite busy right now and some days it feels like we're two ships passing in the night. On Friday DH called me around lunchtime to see if I had already eaten. I hadn't. So we had a lovely lunch date at a cute local restaurant. It was so nice just being able to catch up with him. Most days we're trying to talk to each other over the kids, and it doesn't work.

DH had recently asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep in or go out to eat, but not on Mother's Day with the rest of humanity. On Sunday DH suggested that I order some treats from Landi's, my favorite Italian place in Brooklyn (see link on right). To make it that much better, I had a coupon. Too bad the shipping will cost more than the food. LOL!

After she got off the school bus yesterday, B handed me a card she had made for me. It read,
"To Mom
From B

For all the hard work you have dun [sic]. I love you
so much. You have made my life cupleat [sic].

Love B"
*happy sigh*

1 Comments:

At 5/04/2007 9:26 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

awww...that's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home