Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Are you a Yankee or a Rebel?

Courtesy of my friend Kim, here's a dialect test you can take to determine how far north or south of the Mason-Dixon line your speech favors.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

Not surprisingly, my results were 33% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Here is the link to the advanced test:
http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest_advanced.html

And again, the results were just as I expected -- 15% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

I'm interested in seeing what DH's results are. He was born in New England but raised in Texas. I already know that what I call a "pillbug" he calls a "roly-poly". When we visit his grandmother in Rhode Island we drink cabinets.

His results: Part I: 55% Dixie. Barely in Dixie.
Part II: 44% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

At least I know that living in Texas for over a year hasn't worn off on me. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home