Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Garage sale success

Saturday morning I got up at 4:45am, showered, got dressed and roused DH. We took our cars, which I had packed to the brim the previous night, to the local HS for the community garage sale. (Don't worry, we had someone watching the kids!) I located my friend who was sharing the spot with me, and DH and I parked and began unloading his car; it was 5:30. Then I got started on unpacking mine.

People started coming by checking out what we were selling, and going through items. And I began selling things at a rather brisk pace. By the time I looked at my watch, it was 7:40, and the sale didn't officially start for twenty more minutes!!

At the end of the sale, I gave a bit to the donation truck, and brought a small amount home. I tallied up the money I brought home, and determined that I made a cool $630! On Tuesday I freecycled a bunch of boxes that I had used for the sale. The woman who picked up the boxes happened to be looking for baby items for her SIL who is expecting a girl later this year. She looked at some of the things I didn't sell, and asked if she could come back the next day to pick them up as she had no cash on her. So she came by, and I made another $40. Yahoo!!

The pack rat in me thinks she could get used to selling at garage sales. Now I just need to talk my parents into having one while I'm visiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home