Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The clouds parted, the heavens smiled

and Houston had SUN today! Woohoo!!!

In other news, it was the 100th day of school today for B. She was so excited yesterday when we got her outfit together. She wore a pink and black leopard print dress, and chose her pink sparkly shoes to go with it. However, this morning she felt they were too loose and wore her black patent leather Mary Janes. Did I mention how excited she was? She came downstairs this morning fully dressed in her outfit (tights and all), and was looking for her reading glasses (on the old lady hanging chain, of course) and her white wig.

And we took full advantage of the gorgeous weather this afternoon and spent two hours outside playing. Ah, bliss.

Now if only A would stay in bed once I tucked him in. I swear I'm trying Supernanny's method of not talking to him and repeatedly putting him back in his bed, but it gets tiring after doing it for 30 minutes like I did last night. Tonight's session lasted probably 20 minutes, but I had to get back in bed and snuggle with him before he finally stayed. Not that I mind, but it really makes the bedtime routine LONG when I have to do that for each of them.

Oh well, less than 72 hours till DH returns...

1 Comments:

At 1/26/2007 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went through that with Bronte at around the same age. Weissbluth recommends the "return to bed" thing as well and it never worked well for us--it just kept dragging out night after night. Finally we put a doorknob lock thingie on the inside of her door...we had one bad night and she never got up again.

Glad to hear that at least someone is getting nice weather. It's 19 here today and, as an added bonus, our heat didn't kick on this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home