Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Where exactly am I?!

I was under the impression that moving to the South, and Texas in particular, would mean mild winters. Seems that I should have stayed in the northeast this winter. They're enjoying unseasonably warm weather, and we're having an ice storm. Nearly the entire late news broadcast was dedicated to the weather -- road conditions, road and school closures, weather. A welcome change from sports. LOL!

The best description of Texas weather is one I heard late this afternoon -- Texas weather is one of extremes. When it's hot, you can't breathe. When it rains, it floods. And when it's cold, we get ice.

Stay warm everyone!

3 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 10:06 AM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

Crap, had a cute comment and it got lost to blogger. Anyway, the main point, stay inside cause a lot of people THINK they can drive on the ice which causes a lot of trouble on the road. Thinking about you!

 
At 1/17/2007 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...comments are back on!!

If it makes you feel any better we're freezing our buts off here, too. There is something freakishly wrong, though, when Dallas gets snow and we haven't had any yet this season. Stay warm!

What kind of heat do you have? When they have these cold snaps the bill for electric heat KILLs my parents.

 
At 1/17/2007 8:52 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Thank God we have gas heat here. Our house in PA had a heat pump, which sucked, but the people we bought from had installed oil heat. We've had to have to pool on round the clock to keep the water from freezing. And I'm having hot flashes from my new meds while DH feels cold, so we're fighting over the thermostat. Argh! I'm not eager to see our next utility bills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home