Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's contagious!

Yesterday morning DH had an appointment in town scheduled for 9am. I took the kids to daycare and golf school and parked my car in the middle of our two car garage when I got home. I knew he wouldn't be back until after I went to pick up B after golf school.

DH arrived home a little after 10 and told me his appointment was canceled. It was fine though since he had an 11am conference call. Later that afternoon he came out of his office to tell me he had missed the call. How? I asked, since I knew he had been in his office and on the phone. He had misread his boss' email, which read "conference call at 11 Eastern time". He knew he had a conflict with the appointment if the call was at 10, and just read 11am. Whoops!

Fast forward to today. I've taken the kids to daycare and golf school. When I got home I got on the computer to see if DH's BIL had emailed us pictures of DNephew. Then it was time to pick B up from golf school. Since it was raining, I took B to the movies to see Over the Hedge (very good BTW). As we were driving home I realized that I was supposed to see the doctor at 9:30 this morning for a recheck. Oops!

I just called them and they were gracious enough to reschedule it for tomorrow morning. I had better not forget this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home