Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Recent Highs and Lows

Biggest low: gas prices here. I just paid $1.989 for gas! Yippee!

Next biggest low: I'm working on a full week of being sick. It had been sinus congestion but now it is becoming an upper respiratory infection or bronchitis. Great.

And the next: a friend was in town last week visiting family and we had hoped to get together. However, her kids were getting over being sick, and with me as ill as I was, we didn't get a chance to see each other. I'm bummed.

Highs: I finished sewing A's Halloween costume yesterday morning. Now all I have to do is cut out the Wonder Pets logos and iron them on to the kids' capes. My three kids are going as the Wonder Pets. B is Tuck the turtle, S is Ming Ming duckling, and A will be Linny the guinea pig. That is, if he keeps his costume on. Hope it doesn't rain like it did last year on Halloween.

Another high: I'm manic about getting this house in order. Even with being as sick as I am, I'm working to get the darn place in some kind of order. The workmen who repaired our water damage moved all the crap around in our bedroom, so I have no idea where anything is. I'm on a mission to get it all unpacked, sorted and put away. Meanwhile, I also need to get the boxes out of our one coat closet, because they are blocking the "Texas basement" (storage under the stairs). That is where I hope to stash the wrapped Christmas presents.

Just one more (possible) high: I hope to get some time this week to post again to my old mommy board. I've been laying low for over a month since some ugly stuff went down and I hope that they'll allow me to return.

5 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I bet the wonder pets are going to be adorable! I bet S does an adorable lispy Ming Ming. :-)

 
At 10/30/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

hope you are feeling better soon Jeanne. You'll have to share pics of the kiddos dressed up. Is A not into his costume. L is into his in theory...he's excited about it...but once its on he wants it right off

 
At 10/30/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

A, I think, is like L. He seems to like the idea of a costume, likes the Wonder Pets (and asks ALL THE TIME to watch them), but to dress like one? Nope. Perhaps I'll have to let him wear it around the house tomorrow so he gets used to it. Watch that bite me in the butt. LOL!

 
At 10/31/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

i would let l prance around in his all he wanted if he would let me put the thing on him.....

 
At 11/06/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

I am so scared about moving! I don't know how you and Geena did it with kiddos under foot. sigh and ugh!

Glad to see you back. Post away, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home