Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Creepy crawly heebie jeebie

I’ve got the heebie jeebies. While in the garage earlier today something scurried across the wall right near where I was standing. I quickly found the gecko as he scampered around our lawn chairs. You’d be surprised how quickly they can run. Shortly thereafter I was searching through the boxes in the garage for a timer to use for our huge jack o’lantern. I looked in one box and thought I saw something move. I hoped that it was another gecko. Summoning up all the courage I could muster, I pulled some stuff out of the box, only to discover that I had found the long lost brother of the dead cockroach DH and I found over the weekend. These things are truly monstrous; they really do grow them bigger here in Texas. Ick. Now I swear I won’t be able to sleep; I’ve been hearing noises that I swear are cockroaches crawling out of the boxes in the house. I can’t begin to tell you how much I want to sign the little ones up for daycare tomorrow; the sooner I can get this house unpacked and know that I’m doing everything in my power to avoid an infestation, the better!

And it is true, I have indeed scarred my oldest for life. I was the 5th or 6th car in line for pickup after school today, but I parked the car in the lot and went inside to ask the greeter or main office staff some questions. By the time the little ones and I were in the car, the pick up line was out the school driveway and down the street. Poor B looked like she had been crying when I pulled up to get her. She told me that she missed her mom; I felt so badly for making her wait so long for me. Then I noticed that she wasn’t wearing the same pants as she had this morning. Turns out she had an accident. She seemed okay about that, which I was grateful for. However, I realized that she didn’t feel good and I discovered she had a fever. And as luck would have it, I cannot for the life of me find any box labeled “Toiletries” or “Linen Closet” that contains chewable children’s fever reducer. I am certain I bought some children’s Tylenol but I have absolutely no idea where it is. Yesterday I couldn’t find any bandaids for B’s paper cut; found those this morning. DH has been asked to pick up some Tylenol or something for B on his way home tonight. Guaranteed, I’ll find a huge stash of it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home