Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, October 21, 2005

Travelogue: Day 4

We got up and grabbed breakfast in the lobby. The hotel had a nice spread and the kids really enjoyed themselves. We drove the last few hours to Houston. Once we arrived in town, we needed to head to the airport to pick up DH’s car. We then stopped for gas, and headed for our new home. Arriving in the early afternoon, we unpacked the car, and headed to B’s new school in order to register her. Then we headed to Sonic for yet another delicious fast food meal.

And just as I had feared yet expected, DH hadn’t done a darn thing in the house since B and I left it in August. It perhaps looked even worse than I remembered. There are boxes everywhere. I have my work cut out for me with unpacking this house and getting it organized. No longer deluding myself, I’m looking into daycare for the little ones. Let’s face it, I’m never going to get the house unpacked with them home. I feel too guilty if I either ignore them or confine them to cribs or let S loose and put A in an exersaucer all day. And I can’t let them run around the boxes either. There’s stuff everywhere and they might get hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home